KEAPSTONE THERAPEUTICS was created in February 2017 as a single-asset virtual biotech company, spun out of University of Sheffield with seed funding of £1M provided by Parkinson’s UK. Keapstone is dedicated to developing a novel series of small molecule activators of the Nrf2-ARE pathway for neuroprotection in Parkinson’s and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). In Q4 2018 the company is expected to have spent £2M and have identified one or more Lead series suitable for optimisation.
Keapstone intends to engage a business development consultant for an eight-month process to secure financing by the end of 2018 for its planned Lead Optimisation and Non-clinical Development campaigns (estimated at £4-5M). Parkinson’s UK may participate in the funding of this stage.
Interested professionals with experience matching the criteria below should contact us to arrange a teleconference with Keapstone management to learn more about the project. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to conduct a confidential assessment of the company and the market, and present their proposal for the fundraising process. An honorarium of £2,000 will be paid upon delivery of the proposal by approved shortlisted candidates.
Please contact Tom Bartlett to register your interest and provide us with your CV and deal sheet before end of business 6 April. (email@example.com, + 44 (0) 114 222 8720)
Required Experience / Skills / Education
- Holding a higher degree, in life sciences or related subject
- Experience of leading direct business development and/or corporate development in the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry with repeated success and career progress being evident
- Consistent record in driving and executing strategic deals with pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies and venture capital firms
- Broad international deal making experience in Europe, or Europe and US (sell-side preferred)
- Being able to lead complex contract negotiations both independently or with a legal counsel as required
- Strong analytical and presentation skills with strong process management skills
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills, employed in a highly collaborative working approach
Deadline for applications: 6 April 2018
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, + 44 (0) 114 222 8720